What is its usefulness?
Lets say you’ve downloaded 100 music samples of 10 of your favourite bands, via the internet. Now, those samples have names like “Band_Name – Album Name – Something_Irrelevant – Songname.mp3”
One would have to do 100 renaming for those 100 files, one for each. That being the very best case scenario.
Now all you got to do is put the “Band_Name – Album Name – Something_Irrelevant – ” in the delete filter, push one click and all those songs will be renamed to have just their Songname!
You’ve created your own files (whether they are painting files, text files or game files, it doesn’t matter), and you want to add your name to those files, or your company’s name.
All you have to do, is put this name in the “Prefix”, put the “*” as filter, and push the “Rename” button!
All files inside the directory you’ve specified will be renamed!
Mass renamer will allow you to easily do the following things:
1) Mass Rename files and folders according to your criteria
- Remove certain strings from files or folders
- Replace certain strings with other strings on files or folders
- Capitalize the 1st letter of the 1st word of files or folders
- Capitalize the 1st letter of all the words of files or folders
- Insert a prefix in files or folders
- Insert a suffix in files or Folders
2) Mass Unlock files and folders according to your criteria
- You can put “*” as filter to unlock ALL files or folders inside a directory
- You can put a word, or many words to unlock all files or folders that contain this/these word/words
3) Mass Delete files and folders according to your criteria
- You can put “*” as filter to delete ALL files or folders inside a directory
- You can put a word, or many words to delete all files or folders that contain this/these word/words
Please Read the “Arguments” page to get a clear view of the program’s capabilities, and how you can use it from a command prompt.
The program will ask you if you’re sure you want to do the renaming so as to prevent renaming by misclick (by the enter button for example).
There are tooltips in every clickable control to ensure you fully understand what each control does.
If you don’t by the first glimpse, all you ought to do is move the mouse to hover the control and an explanation arises
Second example of tooltips; It explains that the “Remove” radiobox will remove a certain (alphanumeric) string from the name of files or folders (depending on what you’ve chosen on the “Work With” group).
When the renaming finishes, the program will tell you just how many changes have occurred during the procedure.